PNB SMS Banking service is one of the Amazing service provided by the Bank. The bank has launched this service, especially for the simple mobile phone users. However, this service can be used by all the mobile phone users. The Amazing thing about this service is, you don’t require Internet Connection to use it.
Punjab National Bank is one of the leading banks in India. The bank consists of more than 6960 branches and more than 9930 ATMs all across the world. It provides a wide range of Internet Banking as well as Mobile Banking Services.
Read More: How to Setup PNB Mobile Banking
PNB SMS Banking
In order to use PNB SMS Banking, you must be registered with the SMS Banking alerts. If you are not registered with SMS alerts, you can simply visit the nearest PNB branch.
After you have registered your mobile number you have to just send an SMS along with the specified format based on your service requirement and send it on 5607040.
Services of PNB SMS Banking
- check account balance
- Request for cheque book
- Mini statement (view of the last 10 Transactions)
- Generate MMID
- Stop payment of a cheque
- Request for a new cheque book
- Change SMS Password
- Transfer funds using IMPS
- Cheque Status Inquiry
Using PNB SMS Banking, you can only transfer funds of Rs 5000 per day.
PNB SMS Banking Codes
1. Balance Inquiry: You can check the current balance of your PNB Account by typing the following code:
BAL <space>16 Digit Account Number & then send it to 5607040.
2. Mini Statement Inquiry: You can get all the details about the last few transactions of your account by typing the following code:
MINSTMT <space>16 Digit Account Number & then send it to 5607040.
3. Monthly Account Statement: If you want to check the transactions of a particular month, type the following code:
STMT <space>Name of the Month <space>16 Digit Account Number & then send it to 5607040.
4. Stop payment of a Cheque: If you want to stop the payment of a cheque, simply type the following code:
STPCHQ <space>Cheque Number <space>16 Digit Account Number & then send it to 5607040.
5. Cheque Status of a cheque: You can also cheque the status of a particular cheque on your mobile, then type the following code:
CHKBK <space>Cheque Number <space> 16 Digit Account Number & then send it to 5607040.
6. Request for a new cheque book: You can also request for a new cheque from mobile by typing following code:
CHKBK<space>ChequeNumber<space>16DigitAccountNumberMBANKING USERID<space> NUMBER OF LEAVES FOR CHEQUE BOOK & then send it to 5607040.
7. Change SMS Password: In order to change your SMS Banking password, type the following code:
CHNGPWD<space>SMS PASSWORD (i.e. your current password) <space> NEW SMS PASSWORD & then send it to 5607040.
Now we will move towards the SMS Banking codes related to Transferring Funds
8. Self-Transfer of Funds: You can transfer funds from One PNB Account to another by typing the following code:
SLFTRF <space>FROM ACCOUNT NUMBER<space>TO ACCOUNT NUMBER<space>AMOUNT
9. Generate MMID: If you want to generate MMID for IMPS then type MMID and then send it to 5607040.
10. Cancel MMID: If you want to cancel your MMID then type MMID and then send it to 5607040.
11. There are basically two ways to Transfer Funds using IMPS. They are as follows:
First way: IMPS<space>Beneficiary Mobile No<space>Beneficiary MMID<space>Amount<space> IMPS PIN and then send it to 5607040
Second way : IMPS <space>XXXX <space>Debit Account No<space> Beneficiary Mobile No<space>Beneficiary MMID<space>Amount and then send it to 5607040.
For those who don’t know, IMPS is basically a 7-Digit Number which is a mixture of 4 digits of SMS password and last 3 Digits of Remitter’s password.
Thus, using PNB SMS Banking codes, you can perform various banking activities at your convenient place and time.